- Published on Thursday, 25 July 2013 21:12
- Written by SCHA Administrator
- Hits: 111
Position: Mayor of Anaheim
Tom Tait was elected to the position of the Mayor of Anaheim in November 2010 and was re-elected in 2014. He previously served on the Anaheim City Council beginning in 1995 to and served as Mayor Pro Tem from 2002-2003. Mayor Tait ran on a platform of bringing the values of freedom and kindness to the culture of the city, while upholding fiscal responsibility, public safety and civic upkeep.
During his 2 terms in office, Tom has:
• Promoted Anaheim as a city of kindness. Under his kindness Initiative, Anaheim Union School District students fulfilled a pledge to complete 1 million acts of kindness.
• Created the Hi Neighbor program, which simply encourages neighbors to get to know one another through acts of kindness and to build social infrastructure that leads to stronger, more resilient communities. He is focused on encouraging neighbors to know who the seniors are in their neighborhoods in order to reduce isolation and abuse.
• Under the kindness initiative, Tom also launched a program called Coming Home Anaheim, which coordinates the work and resources of local community and religious groups to provide homes and help for the homeless.
Tom received his bachelor’s in finance from the University of Wyoming and Master's of Business administration and law degree from Vanderbilt University. He is a member of the State Bar of California.
Aside from his duties as mayor, Tom is CEO of Tait and Associates, a civil engineering firm, and Tait Environmental Services, an environmental consulting company.
Tom and his wife Julie have four children and three grandchildren. They have lived in Anaheim for nearly 30 years
Join us in congratulating Tom Tait on his Senior Care Hero Humanitarian Award!
Submit your tribute, story or comment below.