2017 Nominees Section
Position: Executive Director
Organization: Park Plaza A KISCO Senior Living Community
What role does your nominee have in senior care and senior care issues?
Bruce has an amazing story in how he started working in the senior care industry over two decades ago. He has made a difference to countless seniors. Stay toon for more about him!
Bruce Hoggan Spent the first 18 years of his career as a CPA and senior financial officer of a variety of Corporations. He is also a registered NASD Securities Principal, Senior Professional in Human Resources and a Certified Retirement Administrator. As a consultant, he assisted companies in developing participative management styles. One assignment won his consulting team The ESOP Associations national award for training excellence. In the retirement industry he has managed operations at the property, regional and corporate level since 1990. He has also been the Human Resources Director for Kisco Senior Living. He currently is Executive Director at Park Plaza. He has been the Executive Director there for a total of 15 years. He has a Bachelors degree in Accounting from Brigham Young University and an MBA from the University of Utah.
Some of Bruce’s contributions as an Executive director are:
• Developed a “Legacy” program for residents to write their life history one chapter at a time
• Initiated men’s and women’s lunches to include brain exercises, topical events, AV presentations, histories and of course jokes
• Served for 12 years on the CALA Education Committee
• Hosted the Orange Senior Center Volunteer luncheon annual event for over 20 years
• Hosted the Orange Historical Society Summer Gala for the last 5 years
• Regularly hosts industry networking meetings emphasizing outstanding food for our industry friends
• Initiated bi-monthly “Tasting Panels” to invite industry specialists and seniors from the community to try out new recipes
• Set up and led a “Best Practices Forum” for Executive Directors for one year
• Led a CALA sponsored Orange county Speakers lunch forum for Executive Directors for two years
• Represented CALA for Meet your Legislators events
• Has had over 25 speaking engagements at CALA and other networking functions
• For 27 years in the Retirement industry has been a cheerleader for his employees and a friend to his residents
Why should this person be nominated